(Lyrics)
Woke up cold one Tuesday,
I'm looking tired and feeling quite sick,
I felt like there was something missing in my day to day life,
So I quickly opened the wardrobe,
Pulled out some jeans and a T-Shirt that seemed clean,
Topped it off with a pair of old shoes,
That were ripped around the seams,
And I thought these shoes just don't suit me.
Hey, I put some new shoes on,
And suddenly everything is right,
I said, hey, I put some new shoes on and everybody's smiling,
It's so inviting,
Oh, short on money,
But long on time,
Slowly strolling in the sweet sunshine,
And I'm running late,
And I don't need an excuse,
'cause I'm wearing my brand new shoes.
Woke up late one Thursday,
And I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes,
And I felt like there were two days missing,
As I focused on the time,
And I made my way to the kitchen,
But I had to stop from the shock of what I found,
A room full of all off my friends dancing round and round,
And I thought hello new shoes,
Bye bye them blues.
Take me wandering through these streets,
Where bright lights and angels meet,
Stone to stone they take me on,
I'm walking to the break of dawn.
Take me wandering through these streets
- Situation: He felt like there was something missing in his day to day life. He opened the wardrobe and wore a pair of old shoes. He found these shoes just don't suit him.
- Conflict: He wore a pair of old shoes which ripped around the seams, so he thought these don’t suit him. Then he put a pair of new shoes, and suddenly everything is right. Everybody smiled at him.
- Struggle: Although the shoes are cheap, but they are durable and inviting. He noticed he was running late, but he didn’t need an excuse. Because he was wearing his new shoes.
- Outcome: He wore his shoes stone to stone and went through these streets, where bright lights and angels meet until the break of dawn.
- Meaning: After wearing a pair of new shoes, he is filled with a wild ecstatic happiness. As a proverb goes, “Wearing a pair of good shoes and they will bring you to good places.” (159 words)

沒有留言:
張貼留言